Sunday, October 24, 2010

The North Face - A Word From Our Customer...



We sat down with Adam Wisniewski to pick his brain about his North Face experience as well as running a little test to see how waterproof his North Face jacket really is!



Adam, what is the particular product that you own?

I think they discontinued this model. I can't find it online and I bought it at the Travel Country Outdoors porch sale. Maybe a North Face representative will see this and tell me what I am wearing!

How long have you owned it?  Have you used other products like this?
 
I've had this jacket for about a month, but, as an avid snowboarder and snowboard instructor, I've been using similar products for about 11 years.

What do you enjoy about this product?  How does it compare to other brands?
 
I'm really enjoying having a shell that delivers what it promises. Most other brands tell you a shell is "waterproof and breathable", but eventually the fabric gets saturated and starts leaking or loses its breathability. This North Face shell, on the other hand, kept me dry during a Florida downpour while staying breathable. I also like the fact that this jacket's hood is helmet compatible, which means I can keep my skull intact and my head dry at the same time.

Would you recommend this to others?
 
I would recommend The North Face to my friends because their gear is bomber and they manage to add nifty features, such as one-hand drawstrings and chin-friendly collars, to minimalist shells like mine.

1 comment: